I´m going crazy waiting for all 90 or so photos to upload to my photobucket account and my feet are tired from my 8 mile run this am followed by 6 or so miles on the streets of Lima. So I´m going to enjoy the fact I´m not walking and spend as much time as possible in this internet cafe blogging about my day...


I visited a couple of Archeological sites today: Huaca Pucllana in Miraflores and Huallamarca in San Isidro. I spent quite a while wandering through San Isidro as its the quieter suburb of Lima and I´m not going to lie, not having cars flying by me at all times was nice. My guide book told me that the Hotel for the Country Club in Lima was gorgeous and a must see. Looking at the outside, I found it lame and decided to continue walking...into Miraflores (with a random side trip due to being lost) and finally to the area by Huaca Pucllana. I had delicious gelato in a cafe after seeing Huaca Pucllana. That site was interesting because there is a huge, ironic contrast between the site that is over 1000 years old!!! And the surrounding morden area of Miraflores. Sadly a lot of the site was probably lost/ruined due to construction. The site itself was actually used for mountain biking and motocross and was almost destroyed to build a road until someone discovered it was an archeological site and decided to save it. You can actually see several roads that would have gone straight through the area but ended up being rerouted around the site.

The highlight of my day was seeing llamas, alpacas and my personal favorite...the llamaca! Sadly Mr. Llamaca was blind and walked in circles at times because he didn´t know what else to do. All photos are located at:

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x29/deearthur_photos/Peru/

They are very disorganized right now. Sorry about that...I´ll fix it when I get a chance, promise!

Categories:

Leave a Reply