Since we didn't have work today, a couple of us headed out around 9:00 to hike up the cross on top of a mountain nearby. The hike was a lot of fun. I talked to the guide about cars and America, and tried to explain that my brand of car is no longer made because GM shut down Oldsmobile. Then I told him how hard it is to not use a car in the use...although Coach Lutz is pretty good about this. There was a church built into a cave on the way up and the way back down me and the Army guys bought candles to lite and prayed...I asked for happiness, fulfillment and faith (in myself, others, and God...no particular order). Then we hiked back down and had a delicious lunch at the house. Later me and some of the girls walked into town and saw the national congress on the potato. I have never seen so many potato varities in my life...that fun lasted about 10 minutes, then we got ice cream, which you can get here for about 66 cents!!!!!! I went to a spin class, then chilled out for the rest of the evening...I'm more than ready to start (again) my placement tomorrow!

New pictures posted on the website...not labeled yet (I'm too tired...and yes its only 9:00) Link below:

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x29/deearthur_photos/Peru/Lima%20and%20Ayacucho%20week%201/

Categories:

Leave a Reply