Today I woke up at 6:00am to do my long run (10 mi) before we left for the Llama trek, starting at 13,000 ft and going up to 15,000 ft with Llamas. Of course we got a flat tire on the way, but that wasn't all that bad. We also stopped by a guinea pig farm (yes...this little buggers are for food in Peru...not for pets), which was interesting as it was basically just a room filled with guinea pigs. The trek was amazing...the ground had the most amazing texture every as it was covered with lichens and awesome mosses that you could jump up and down on. Pancho (our guide) fed us lots of candy on the way up, including these delicious chocolate covered marshmallow things, which I plan on bringing back for everyone to try! We also had a delicious lunch! Everyone but 3 people took the horses to the top... and yes, I was one of the cool people who walked the whole way. :-) The view was amazing! Unfortunately the llamas didn't really like people, so I didn't get to pet them until the end when they were corralled up. But in doing so I accomplished my #1 goal of the trip- to pet a llama (actually that wasn't my #1 goal, but it was up there). A fun day, but I was definitely tired and in bed, asleep by 9:00!

Silly Llamas...they got all dressed up for the tourists/gringos!--->


Categories:

Leave a Reply