So...After spending a few days in the health clinic, I decided that I wanted to do something different. Don't get me wrong, I liked the health clinic, but I came here to volunteer and make a difference, not to shadow a doctor. I talked to Rudy (the program director) yesterday about changing positions, and he agreed with me that in the healthcare placements, you don't really make a difference, you're just there to observe. I wanted to go work at the school for children with disabilities, but the girl that volunteers there already made it very clear that I was not welcome at "her" placement. Sigh...Whatever, I'm not going to argue with people about volunteering. So this morning I asked Rudy if I could be placed at an orphanage, and in about 30 minutes I will be heading over to my new placement: an all-girls orphanage run by nuns. Apparently the girls are all pretty young (aka cute) so I'm super excited about it! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes! :-)

Categories:

Leave a Reply